- Chickpeas (cooked) x 300gm (if using from a can, drain and rinse chickpeas)
- Tahini (sesame paste) x 1/3 cup
- Fresh garlic cloves, minced x2
- Lemons (juice of) x 2 or 3 (taste recipe as you go)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- I also add some salt (a couple of pinches)
Blend or grind chickpeas until smooth. Add all other ingredients, combine thoroughly. Add more tahini or lemon juice as necessary to suit your taste & to reach a smooth, but not runny consistency. This hommus has body. It’s thick in texture and satisfying.. but also more-ish!. Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika if you like.. or even sprinkle with something like crushed pistachio’s or pomegranate seeds. A highly nutritious spread or dip!