All requests for Community File Announcements must be provided in writing and must include all contact details of the community group making the request along with the name of an authorized contact person.
Requests for a Community file Announcement must be received at least three weeks prior to the event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
96three reserves the right to amend, add to or alter its policies or provisions pertaining to Community File Announcements at any time and without notice or advice. 96three also reserves the right to delete, cancel or void any Community File Announcement.
If your event or service does not qualify for a Community File Announcement then we may still be able to help with a paid advertising campaign. Please see bottom of page for Community File Guidelines.
November 16 – Messy Church @ St Luke’s Uniting
Messy Church at St Luke’s Uniting is a time for all ages to get together, explore faith, have fun, be creative and share a meal.
- Friday 16 November
- St Luke’s Uniting Church, 174 Barrabool Rd., Highton
- 4.30pm to 7pm
For more details, call Linda on 0407 806 312
November 16/18 – Australia for Jesus
Join thousands from all over Australia coming together with one purpose, to proclaim “Australia for Jesus”. Presented by Awakening Australia, this huge event will run for 3 days and show our country a united family of God.
- Friday 16 to Sunday 18 November
- Marvel Stadium (previously Etihad Stadium), 740 Bourke St., Melbourne
- Doors open: 9am. Sessions start: 10am. Last session: 7pm
- Cost: $20 for 3 days
For more details and to register, go to awakeningaustralia.org
November 16/18 – Belgrave Heights Seniors Convention
Find out how to serve God with the experiences that life has given at the Belgrave Heights Seniors Convention.
- Friday 16 to Sunday 18 November
- Belgrave Heights Convention, 3 Convention Ave., Belgrave Heights
- Accommodated, caravan and day visitor options available
For more details, call BHC on 9752 6855 or go to bhc.org.au
November 17 – Repair Cafe Geelong West
Have you got a wobbly chair, a broken toaster or something else that needs repairing but don’t know what to do? If so, then bring your damaged item along to Repair Café in Geelong West for advice and help to fix it.
- Saturday 17 November
- One Care, 61 Candover St., Geelong West
- 10am to 1pm
- A voluntary contribution can be given on the day
For more details, call 5229 2133 or go to repaircafe.org
November 23 – An Evening with John Sikkema
You are invited to an evening with John Sikkema, founder of Halftime Australia. Join Sight editor, David Adams as he chats with John about his transformational life story and his passion for helping people in business discover their true purpose professionally and personally.
- Friday 23 November
- Geelong Small Business Centre, Level 1, 58 Moorabool St., Geelong
- 7pm for 7.30 pm start
- Cost is $15 with supper included (discounts for Sight email subscribers and Sight+ members)
- Bookings essential (tickets numbers are strictly limited)
For tickets and more details, go to eventbrite.com.au/e/sight-magazine-presents-an-evening-with-john-sikkema-halftime-australia-tickets-51006291190
November 24 – Mercy Place Wyndham Mini Fete
It’s fete time at Mercy Place Wyndham aged care. Come and join the residents for some fun, food, craft, books, plants and more.
- Saturday 24 November
- Mercy Place Wyndham, 39 Deutgam St., Werribee
- 10am to 3pm
For more details, call Anne on 0403 202 169
November 24 – A Woman of Influence Gala Fundraiser
Get a group together of your nearest-and-dearest and come along to “A Woman of Influence Gala Fundraiser”. Hosted by Gosha from 96three FM, the night will feature prizes, silent auctions, competitions, speakers and more. All proceeds will go to A21, a non-profit organization that rescues victims of human trafficking.
- Saturday 24 November
- The Transformation Centre, 107 Woods St., Newport
- 7pm start
- Tickets $55 (or $40 early bird rate before 19 October). Purchase at trybooking.com/UYAB
For more details, call Sara on 0438 443 826 or email email@example.com
November 24/25 – Barwon Valley Woodwrights Exhibition and Sale
Buy some early Christmas presents at the Barwon Valley Woodwrights exhibition and sale. See displays of woodcraft as well as displays by the Geelong Handweaver’s and Spinners Guild, the Bead Society and cotton and lace makers.
- Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 November
- Masonic Centre, 25 Regent St., Belmont
- 10am to 4pm
- Adults $5 entry, children free
- Afternoon tea available
For more details, call Anne on 5243 1043 or Ed on 0450 039 489
November 30 – Messy Church @ Grovedale Uniting
Grovedale Uniting Messy Church is a family friendly time for all ages to get together and explore faith, have fun, play games and share a meal.
- Friday 30 November
- Grovedale Uniting Church, cnr. Torquay & Reserve Rds., Grovedale
- 4.30pm to 6.30pm
For more details, call Iain on 5243 3400
November 30 – Parents With Purpose
Parents with Purpose is a community group created by mums for mums. Come along for a time of encouragement and friendship while your little ones play.
- Friday 30 November – “A Mother’s Hope at Christmas”
- Grovedale Community Hub, 45 Heyers Rd., Grovedale
- 9.30am start
- Cost $5.00 per family
- Meets monthly (except school holidays) with guest speakers on topics about parenting babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers
For more details and to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kerry on 0425 744 684
December 1 – Helping Hand Day
Lightpoint Church invites families with a current pension or healthcare card to Helping Hand Day. Come and get a free food hamper, clothes and a new toy for the kids.
- Saturday 1 December
- Point Cook Senior Secondary College, cnr. Boardwalk Boulevard and Bergamot Drive, Point Cook
- 10am to 12 noon
- Bring your pension or healthcare card
For more details, call Melissa on 0466 094 801 or go to lightpointchurch.com/events
December 8 – Connect City Church Community Fun Day
Bring the kids along for some family time at Connect City Church community fun day. With a BBQ, stalls and carnival games, there’ll be plenty to keep everyone entertained.
- Saturday 8 December
- Connect City Church, 15 Perkins Ave., Hoppers Crossing
- 10am to 3pm
For more details, call Paul on 0403 839 476
December 14 – Geelong Christian Singles Dinner
If you are single and would like to meet new friends, then come to the Geelong Christian Singles end-of-year dinner for a night of food, music and dancing.
- Friday 14 December
- White Eagle House, Breakwater
- Book by Wednesday 12 December
For more details and to book, call 0414 232 491
December 14 – Seven News Young Achiever Awards
Do you know an amazing young Victorian? 96three invites you to shine the spotlight on a young person under 29 by nominating them for the Seven News Young Achiever Awards.
Categories include: Volunteering, Community service, Group achievement, Inspirational TAFE student, Rural health, Leadership, Online, Regional achiever, Young artist and Creating change.
Each category winner receives a $1,000 Bartercard account from Wheelton Philanthropy and Budget Rent a Car, plus a $1,000 Bank of Melbourne account. The State winner will go home with a $2,000 Jetstar flight voucher.
Nominations close Friday 14 December. Nominate online today at youngachieverawards.com
January 25/27 – Pursuit Conference with Bishop Darrell Hines
Darrell Hines has been inspiring people for almost 40 years with his ability to deliver the Word of God with clarity. Come to Pursuit Conference and hear life-changing words from Bishop Hines.
- Friday 25 to Sunday 27 January
- Pursuit Church, 7 Bruce St., Mornington
- Single, couple and family rates
For more details and to register, go to pursuitchurch.com.au or call Pursuit Church on 5909 8520
Kingdom Destiny Church
A new church has started in Point Cook. Kingdom Destiny is non-denominational and invites you to come and worship at a church that focuses on loving, caring and giving.
- Every Sunday at 4.30pm
- Kingdom Destiny, 454 Point Cook Rd., Point Cook
Sewing Machines for Refugees
Geelong Refugee Assistance Program helps recently arrived refugees who settle in Geelong. They are seeking sewing machines to give to refugee women to help them make clothes for their families.
If you have a sewing machine in good working order that you no longer need, please donate it and know that you are helping refugees who arrive here without any material goods.
You can drop sewing machines into 96three, Unit 15/147 Marshalltown Rd., Grovedale from Monday to Thursday between 10am and 5pm.
For more information, call Hilary on 0418 554 380
Geelong Crochet For Cancer
Geelong Crochet for Cancer gives handmade crocheted or knitted items to local patients to uplift spirits and share Christ’s love.
The organization accepts new items for men, women and children. If you would like to donate, then send your item to Geelong Crochet for Cancer, PO Box 16, Belmont Vic., 3216.
Mission To Seafarers Geelong
Mission To Seafarers serve the men and women who bring goods to and from Australia, sometimes in harsh and dangerous conditions.
Volunteers are needed to drive the minibus or help operate the shop at the centre located in North Shore, Geelong. The centre operates seven days a week from 10am – 10pm. If you would like to be a volunteer and give of a few hours on a weekly or monthly basis, or find out more information, call the Chaplain, Noah Park on 0412 779 306.
Community Service Announcement Guidelines
This is a free service for community based, not-for-profit events and services. Generally speaking, qualifying events and services fit the following criteria:
- Run by not-for-profit groups without benefit to commercial entities.
- Free to attend or have a low entry charge to cover costs.
- For the benefit of the community.
- Not a regular church service.
- Short description of what the event is
- Where it is to be held
- Time and date of event
- Cost of event
- Phone number for more information for listeners that will be included on our website listing.
Announcements that DO NOT qualify as a CSA are:
- The sale of property, vehicles, or products of any kind for the purpose of deriving income for business or private purposes.
- Events where any kind of payments in cash or like kind may be made to 96three by the promoter of any event as this constitutes sponsorship.
- Tasteless or unacceptable events that would generally be unacceptable to this ministry or its membership or as deemed by the management of 96three.
- Swap and trade events involving the exchange of goods.
- Events that are clearly meant to be serviced by paid sponsorship.
All requests for Community Service Announcements must be provided in writing and must include all contact details of the community group making the request along with the name of an authorised contact person.
Requests for a Community Service Announcement must be received at least three weeks prior to the event.
All Community Service Announcements must be authorised by Management.
96three reserves the right to amend, add to or alter its policies or provisions
pertaining to Community Service Announcements at any time and without notice or advice. 96three also reserves the right to delete, cancel or void any Community Service Announcement.
If your event or service does not qualify for a Community Service Announcement then we may still be able to help with a paid advertising campaign.
Please call 96three if you have any enquiries on 5241 6550.