All requests for Community File Announcements must be provided in writing and must include all contact details of the community group making the request along with the name of an authorized contact person.
Requests for a Community file Announcement must be received at least three weeks prior to the event by emailing email@example.com
96three reserves the right to amend, add to or alter its policies or provisions pertaining to Community File Announcements at any time and without notice or advice. 96three also reserves the right to delete, cancel or void any Community File Announcement.
If your event or service does not qualify for a Community File Announcement then we may still be able to help with a paid advertising campaign. Please see bottom of page for Community File Guidelines.
January 25/27 – Pursuit Conference with Bishop Darrell Hines
God is calling His Church to arise and shine in 2019. Come to the Pursuit Conference to hear Darrell and Pamela Hines, Tim Hall and Bryan Cardin inspire you to take up the challenge and “Rise Up”.
- Friday 25 to Sunday 27 January
- Pursuit Church, 7 Bruce St., Mornington
- Single, couple and family rates
For more details and to register, go to pursuitchurch.com.au or call Pursuit Church on 5909 8520
January 26 – Australia Day Festival, Dandenong
City of Greater Dandenong invites you to its Australia Day Festival. Bring the family for a day full of activities and entertainment with a fireworks finale.
- Saturday 26 January
- Dandenong Park, cnr. Pultney and Foster St., Dandenong
- 3pm to 9.30pm (Fireworks finale at 9.25pm)
February 2 – Creation Ministries International Men’s Breakfast with Mark Emerson
Men are invited to breakfast with Mark Emerson from Creation Ministries International. Come and hear the good news that the biblical account of creation is true!
- “The Clash of Two Worldviews”
- Saturday 2 February
- Salvation Army South Barwon, 180 Francis St., Belmont
- Free admission. Donations welcome
- Creation resources available
- For catering purposes, please RSVP
For more details and to RSVP, call Bruce on 0450 088 094 or the office on 5243 9204. More information can be found at creation.com/events/au
February 23 – Repair Cafe Geelong West
Have you got a wobbly chair, a broken toaster or something else that needs repairing but don’t know how to? If so, then bring your damaged item along to Repair Café in Geelong West for advice and help to fix it.
- Saturday 23 February
- One Care, 61 Candover St., Geelong West
- 10am to 1pm
- A voluntary contribution can be given on the day
For more details, call 5229 2133 or go to repaircafe.org
February 23/24 – Book of Revelation Seminar with Ps Tony Keys
Come and learn about the Book of Revelation with Ps Tony Keys at a free seminar presented by The Narrow Way Church.
- Saturday 23 February – 3pm to 8pm
- Sunday 24 February – During 10am service
- The Narrow Way Church, Taylors Hill Youth & Community Centre, 121 Calder Park Dr., Taylors Hill
For more details, call Georgina on 0403 202 829 or go to The Narrow Way Church facebook page
February 25 – Bible Study Fellowship – Geelong Men’s Group
The Geelong men’s group of Bible Study Fellowship is back. Come along every Monday night and be a part of a Bible study that digs deep! This year’s study explores some of the heroes of the Old Testament.
- Begins Monday 25 February
- Waurn Ponds Community Church, 48 Waurnvale Dr., Belmont
- 7.15pm start
For more details, call Marc on 0427 483 642
Careline Connections Volunteers
If you are a willing listener and want to share the hope and love found in Jesus, then why not become a Careline Connections volunteer? Careline Connections is a non-denominational Christian helpline that provides a caring chat and prayer to callers Australia-wide. To be part of this amazing ministry, go to carelineteam.org.au or email Libby at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Community Service Announcement Guidelines
This is a free service for community based, not-for-profit events and services. Generally speaking, qualifying events and services fit the following criteria:
- Run by not-for-profit groups without benefit to commercial entities.
- Free to attend or have a low entry charge to cover costs.
- For the benefit of the community.
- Not a regular church service.
- Short description of what the event is
- Where it is to be held
- Time and date of event
- Cost of event
- Phone number for more information for listeners that will be included on our website listing.
Announcements that DO NOT qualify as a CSA are:
- The sale of property, vehicles, or products of any kind for the purpose of deriving income for business or private purposes.
- Events where any kind of payments in cash or like kind may be made to 96three by the promoter of any event as this constitutes sponsorship.
- Tasteless or unacceptable events that would generally be unacceptable to this ministry or its membership or as deemed by the management of 96three.
- Swap and trade events involving the exchange of goods.
- Events that are clearly meant to be serviced by paid sponsorship.
All requests for Community Service Announcements must be provided in writing and must include all contact details of the community group making the request along with the name of an authorised contact person.
Requests for a Community Service Announcement must be received at least three weeks prior to the event.
All Community Service Announcements must be authorised by Management.
96three reserves the right to amend, add to or alter its policies or provisions
pertaining to Community Service Announcements at any time and without notice or advice. 96three also reserves the right to delete, cancel or void any Community Service Announcement.
If your event or service does not qualify for a Community Service Announcement then we may still be able to help with a paid advertising campaign.
Please call 96three if you have any enquiries on 5241 6550.