All requests for Community File Announcements must be provided in writing and must include all contact details of the community group making the request along with the name of an authorised contact person.
Requests for a Community file Announcement must be received at least three weeks prior to the event by emailing email@example.com
96three reserves the right to amend, add to or alter its policies or provisions pertaining to Community File Announcements at any time and without notice or advice. 96three also reserves the right to delete, cancel or void any Community File Announcement.
If your event or service does not qualify for a Community File Announcement then we may still be able to help with a paid advertising campaign. Please see bottom of page for Community File Guidelines.
01 Feb 2020
Give your brains a workout at the Sunbury Baptist Church trivia night. Bring your friends, test your knowledge and have…
- 207 Gap Rd., SunburyLocation
16 Feb 2020
Creation Ministries International is coming to Melbourne. Attend a Creation meeting and hear answers to the origins debate based on…
22 Feb 2020
Join together with churches of all denominations in your region to pray, celebrate and give glory to God on the…
- 2 Pimelea Way, TorquayLocation
28 Mar 2020
Melbourne Bike for Bibles is a 240 km, two day ride around the bay and raises funds for Bible Society…
Grow Mental Wellness Program
Grow is a caring and supportive, community-based organization that has developed a unique program for improving and maintaining mental wellbeing. For over 60 years, the Grow Program has helped thousands of people recover from a range of mental health conditions. Grow offers practical steps and peer support through weekly meetings to help you recover your mental health and achieve your personal goals.
– Every Thursday, 284 Latrobe Tce., Newtown at 7pm
– Every Friday, Vines Road Community Centre, 37-61 Vines Rd., Hamlyn Heights at 12.30pm
– Voluntary donations are invited to cover costs
Healing Rooms Geelong
If you suffer with sickness or pain, come to Healing Rooms Geelong and receive prayer for God’s healing.
– 1st Thursday of every month – 6.30pm to 8pm
– 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month – 11am to 1pm
– 66 Autumn St., Geelong West
For more details, call 0401 301 764 or go to healingrooms.com.au
3216 Connect Op Shop Volunteers
3216 Connect Op Shop in Grovedale is an initiative of South Barwon Christian Reformed Church to serve the local community. The shop provides a hub for people to gather and seek help, as well as raising money that goes back into the local community. Volunteers are needed to run the shop. Can you help? Call Belinda on 0435 230 810 for more details.
Alpha is a series of low-key sessions exploring life and the Christian faith in an open, friendly environment. Each session looks at a different question about faith and is designed to create conversation. If you want answers to some of life’s big questions, come to an Alpha course. Everyone is welcome.
For more information about Alpha and courses in your area, go to australia.alpha.org
96three Careline Connections
If you would like someone to pray with or just really need a chat, a caring conversation is just a phone call away. Call Careline Connections to speak to a friend who is trained to provide a listening ear, hope, encouragement and prayer.
Careline is not a qualified counselling service but can provide a direct referral service to 24-hour crisis support services, counselling, family and relationship support, other community services, as well as information about local churches.
Dial 1300 302 170, then select “1” to speak to a friend now.
For Geelong area call 5215 9329.
Careline provides support to callers from across Australia and is a not-for-profit, non-denominational community service.
Community Service Announcement Guidelines
This is a free service for community based, not-for-profit events and services. Generally speaking, qualifying events and services fit the following criteria:
- Run by not-for-profit groups without benefit to commercial entities
- Free to attend or have a low entry charge to cover costs
- For the benefit of the community
- Not a regular church service
- Short description of what the event is
- Where it is to be held
- Time and date of event
- Cost of event
- Phone number for more information for listeners that will be included on our website listing
Announcements that DO NOT qualify as a CSA are:
- The sale of property, vehicles, or products of any kind for the purpose of deriving income for business or private purposes
- Events where any kind of payments in cash or like kind may be made to 96three by the promoter of any event as this constitutes sponsorship
- Tasteless or unacceptable events that would generally be unacceptable to this ministry or its membership or as deemed by the management of 96three
- Swap and trade events involving the exchange of goods
- Events that are clearly meant to be serviced by paid sponsorship
All requests for Community Service Announcements must be provided in writing and must include all contact details of the community group making the request along with the name of an authorised contact person.
Requests for a Community Service Announcement must be received at least three weeks prior to the event.
All Community Service Announcements must be authorised by Management.
96three reserves the right to amend, add to or alter its policies or provisions
pertaining to Community Service Announcements at any time and without notice or advice. 96three also reserves the right to delete, cancel or void any Community Service Announcement.
If your event or service does not qualify for a Community Service Announcement then we may still be able to help with a paid advertising campaign.
Please call 96three if you have any enquiries on 5241 6550.