All requests for Community File Announcements must be provided in writing and must include all contact details of the community group making the request along with the name of an authorised contact person.
Requests for a Community file Announcement must be received at least three weeks prior to the event by emailing email@example.com
96three reserves the right to amend, add to or alter its policies or provisions pertaining to Community File Announcements at any time and without notice or advice. 96three also reserves the right to delete, cancel or void any Community File Announcement.
If your event or service does not qualify for a Community File Announcement then we may still be able to help with a paid advertising campaign. Please see bottom of page for Community File Guidelines.
23 Sep 2019
Every week, many families receive much-needed food from the Drysdale Family Support Foodbank. To raise funds, the foodbank is running…
- 194 Ryrie St., GeelongLocation
24 Sep 2019
Are you a Christian-based business seeking the support of other like-minded businesses in Geelong? Come to a meeting of the…
- 1/41 Separation St., North GeelongLocation
26 Sep 2019
Dr Kameel Majdali from Teach All Nations is coming to Geelong. Come and learn about current events in the light…
- 156 Purnell Rd., CorioLocation
27 Sep 2019
Grovedale Uniting Messy Church is a family-friendly time for all ages to get together, explore faith, have fun, play games…
- Cnr. Torquay & Reserve Rds., GrovedaleLocation
28 Sep 2019
Connect City Church is holding a garage sale to raise funds for its mission projects. Come along, support the church…
- 15 Perkins Ave., Hoppers CrossingLocation
28 Sep 2019
Have you got a wobbly chair, a broken toaster or something else that needs repairing but don’t know what to…
- 61 Candover St., Geelong WestLocation
30 Sep 2019
It’s time for Kids Camp again. This year, it’s High Country Adventure. Come along for great activities, fun games and…
05 Oct 2019
Looking for an evening of games, prizes, fun & laughter? Come to Southcare Community Care Trivia Night and help raise…
- 100 Ballarto Rd., Carrum DownsLocation
11 Oct 2019
Explore what it means to be a woman of JOY at the Bloom Women’s Conference. Come and be blessed, encouraged…
- Province Blvd., HightonLocation
12 Oct 2019
Ladies, come and share a time of learning and fellowship with other women at the Belgrave Heights Women’s Convention. Saturday…
- 3 Convention Ave., Belgrave HeightsLocation
13 Oct 2019
Round up your friends and come along for a great afternoon of music at the Belgrave Heights Songs of Praise.…
- 3 Convention Ave., Belgrave HeightsLocation
17 Oct 2019
Offspring is a not-for-profit organization working in India to help young women rescued from sex trafficking. A new midway home,…
- Cunningham Pier, GeelongLocation
19 Oct 2019
Take2 Op Shop is having a garage sale. Come and grab a bargain or find a treasure. Give a second-hand…
- 235 Derrimut Rd., Hoppers CrossingLocation
19 Oct 2019
The Narrow Way Church invites all ladies to a free women’s conference – “Unfinished : God is not done with…
- 121 Calder Park Dr., Taylors HillLocation
20 Oct 2019
For the past 100 years, the Sunshine Baptist Church, the Slovak Baptist Church and GraceWest Bible Church have used the…
- 16 Sydney St., AlbionLocation
26 Oct 2019
Round up your mates for a great night of music at a relief aid concert for the persecuted church. Join…
- 230 McKillop St., East GeelongLocation
02 Nov 2019
It’s on again – the Great Sight Trivia Night! Get a group together, test your knowledge and have a laugh…
- Cnr. Wallington Rd. & Lake Ave., Ocean GroveLocation
Grow Mental Wellness Program
Grow is a caring and supportive, community-based organization that has developed a unique program for improving and maintaining mental wellbeing. For over 60 years, the Grow Program has helped thousands of people recover from a range of mental health conditions. Grow offers practical steps and peer support through weekly meetings to help you recover your mental health and achieve your personal goals.
– Every Thursday, 284 Latrobe Tce., Newtown at 7pm
– Every Friday, Vines Road Community Centre, 37-61 Vines Rd., Hamlyn Heights at 12.30pm
– Voluntary donations are invited to cover costs
Healing Rooms Geelong
If you suffer with sickness or pain, come to Healing Rooms Geelong and receive prayer for God’s healing.
– 1st Thursday of every month – 6.30pm to 8pm
– 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month – 11am to 1pm
– 66 Autumn St., Geelong West
For more details, call 0401 301 764 or go to healingrooms.com.au
Soup Kitchen Melton – One Pot Meal Lessons
Learn how to make cheap and cheerful one-pot meals at Soup Kitchen Melton. Presented by Amazing Community Care, the lessons are held on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. Come and find out how to turn basic ingredients into a hearty meal.
– 21 September ; 5 and 19 October ; 2 and 16 November
– Melton Seniors Community and Learning Centre, 1 McKenzie St., Melton
– 6pm to 8pm
– Volunteers and supporters always welcome
For more details, call Kylie on 0417 628 261 or go to facebook.com/soupkitchenmelton
3216 Connect Op Shop Volunteers
3216 Connect Op Shop in Grovedale is an initiative of South Barwon Christian Reformed Church to serve the local community. The shop provides a hub for people to gather and seek help, as well as raising money that goes back into the local community. Volunteers are needed to run the shop. Can you help? Call Belinda on 0435 230 810 for more details.
Alpha is a series of low-key sessions exploring life and the Christian faith in an open, friendly environment. Each session looks at a different question about faith and is designed to create conversation. If you want answers to some of life’s big questions, come to an Alpha course. Everyone is welcome.
For more information about Alpha and courses in your area, go to australia.alpha.org
Careline Connections Volunteers
If you are a willing listener and want to share the hope and love found in Jesus, then why not become a Careline Connections volunteer? Careline Connections is a non-denominational Christian helpline that provides a caring chat and prayer to callers Australia-wide. To be part of this amazing ministry, go to carelineteam.org.au or email Libby at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
If you would like someone to pray with or just really need a chat, a caring conversation is just a phone call away. Call Careline Connections to speak to a friend who is trained to provide a listening ear, hope, encouragement and prayer.
Careline is not a qualified counselling service but can provide a direct referral service to 24-hour crisis support services, counselling, family and relationship support, other community services, as well as information about local churches.
Dial 1300 302 170, then select “1” to speak to a friend now.
Careline provides support to callers from across Australia and is a not-for-profit, non-denominational community service.
Community Service Announcement Guidelines
This is a free service for community based, not-for-profit events and services. Generally speaking, qualifying events and services fit the following criteria:
- Run by not-for-profit groups without benefit to commercial entities
- Free to attend or have a low entry charge to cover costs
- For the benefit of the community
- Not a regular church service
- Short description of what the event is
- Where it is to be held
- Time and date of event
- Cost of event
- Phone number for more information for listeners that will be included on our website listing
Announcements that DO NOT qualify as a CSA are:
- The sale of property, vehicles, or products of any kind for the purpose of deriving income for business or private purposes
- Events where any kind of payments in cash or like kind may be made to 96three by the promoter of any event as this constitutes sponsorship
- Tasteless or unacceptable events that would generally be unacceptable to this ministry or its membership or as deemed by the management of 96three
- Swap and trade events involving the exchange of goods
- Events that are clearly meant to be serviced by paid sponsorship
All requests for Community Service Announcements must be provided in writing and must include all contact details of the community group making the request along with the name of an authorised contact person.
Requests for a Community Service Announcement must be received at least three weeks prior to the event.
All Community Service Announcements must be authorised by Management.
96three reserves the right to amend, add to or alter its policies or provisions
pertaining to Community Service Announcements at any time and without notice or advice. 96three also reserves the right to delete, cancel or void any Community Service Announcement.
If your event or service does not qualify for a Community Service Announcement then we may still be able to help with a paid advertising campaign.
Please call 96three if you have any enquiries on 5241 6550.