Click the image to download your Family Tool Kit today. It’s filled with practical resources to strengthen and equip your family to grow in resilience and thrive.
National Families Week is a time to celebrate the strengths within our families and communities. A time when we can come together to support and encourage one another, as well as providing practical resources to help local families – and thousands more across the nation – to thrive.
Stats on Australian Families
Here are just some of the challenges that families are currently navigating:
1. 33% of Australians report ‘always’ or ‘often’ feeling rushed for time.
2. Mortgage stress is placing a huge burden on families. With inflation and
the instability in the economy right now, homeowners have experienced
more than nine consecutive rate rises. Almost one-quarter of mortgage
holders were at risk of mortgage stress as of December 2022 – and the
number is only expected to get worse.
3. Recent research has shown that almost 40% of 16–24-year-olds report
having experienced a mental illness for a 12-month period or more.
4. Estimates from primary research suggest only 17–23% of pre-schoolers
and 15% of 5–12-year-olds meet screen-time guidelines. Evidence
suggests excessive screen-time has a negative impact on weight, social
and psychological wellbeing.
5. A recent survey shows that almost 40% of Australians gamble at least
once a week. And of this 40%, almost half are classified as being at risk of
6. 15.9% of families have only one parent.
7. In 2021, almost 90,000 couples were married; however, in the same year
more than half this number were granted a divorce. That’s 13.6% more
divorces than the year before.
8. Overall, 1 in 5 women and 1 in 20 men have experienced family violence.
9. On average, one woman every nine days and one man every month is
killed by a current or former partner.
10. Domestic violence is one of the major causes of homelessness. In 2021-
22, domestic violence was the main reason more than 72,900 people
asked for help from specialist homelessness services.
Get your FREE toolkit today!