Can be made using a sandwich maker or waffle maker. If using a cafe-style sandwich press (not deep dish) leave press open & use bottom only like a hot plate to avoid flat pancakes.
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaped tablespoon self raising flour
- (Alternatively use plain flour but add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder. For gluten free pancakes use buckwheat flour).
- Heat sandwich press or waffle maker.
- With a fork, in a small bowl mash banana, add egg and combine well so egg thoroughly mixed in.
- Add cinnamon and flour and mix well.
- Spray sandwich maker or waffle maker with oil & add pancake mixture until almost full.
- Place down lid and cook for 5 minutes. Check for browning and that pancakes are cooked through. They may need an extra minute or two.
- Serve warm with sliced banana & your favourite yoghurt or pancake toppings.
- You can add extra ingredients into pancake batter eg. Chia seeds, fresh berries or even granulated sugar of your choice for a sweeter pancake.
- Recipe Yields 2 Pancakes